MATAKANA ORGANIC GOJI BERRIES 180G.
Goji berries have been used in eastern medicine for centuries and are revered for their rich nutritional benefits. Matakana SuperFoods’ organic Goji Berries have a sweet and slightly tangy flavour that makes them a yummy snack.
How to use:
Add to cereals, soup, salads or trail mixes. Great in baking or raw desserts, or enjoyed on their own.
Try this delicious Chinese medicinal chicken soup with mushroom blend including shiitake, ginger and whole goji berries – a 2000 year old recipe!
CHICKEN & GOJI BERRY SOUP (serves 4-6)
- 1 whole chicken, cut up into pieces (or leave whole)
- 5-6 Tbsp Goji Berries
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 litres water
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 12-16 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced (if using dried shiitake mushrooms, rinse first then soak in warm water for 20 mins before adding)
- 10cm root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2-3 fresh chillis, finely sliced
- 8-10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- noodles, of your choice (optional)
- pepper & salt, to taste
- Put the goji berries in a bowl with just enough cold water to cover, and leave to rehydrate.
- Place the chicken, stock and water in a large pot. Add the onions, mushrooms, ginger and chili.
- Start the cooking on medium heat for 10 mins, then lower to a gentle simmer for 1.5-2 hours – or until the chicken is tender and falling apart.
- If using noodles, add them near the end allowing enough time for them to cook through. Remove pot from the heat.
- 5 mins before serving, stir through the goji berries and garlic.
Reseal pouch and store in a cool dry place or refrigerate for maximum shelf-life.
100% organic whole goji berries. No preservatives or other additives. GM free.
Packed in a facility that may have exposure to nuts and sesame seeds.